Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer, summer, summertime

Does anyone remember that song from DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince? Loved it. Anyway, so here is my simple and easy summer pasta salad formula. I can't really call it a recipe because it changes every time I make it, but here is the jist--

Farmer's Market -or- North Market -or- Our Garden Pasta Salad

1 pound of whole wheat pasta like rotini
1 can 15 oz can of chickpeas
1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped small
2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
1/2 a small red onion, diced (or about 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped green onions)
1/2 c small cubes of cheese (your choice)
1/2 bottle of an olive oil based salad dressing (we love Newman's Balsamic)

Cook the pasta, drain and add all the other ingredient and toss. Easy as can be.

You can add diced meat, or do any combo of veggies...red peppers, celery, shredded carrot, small florets of broccoli, etc.

2 comments:

Steel Magnolia said...

I'm going to make this next week. Sounds yummy and super easy! Thanks sweet pea chef! Also, thanks for the sweet message yesterday. It meant so much.

Slacker Mama said...

You know, I was just looking for a basic pasta salad recipe that I could send to school for lunch for my girls. I think I'm going to have to give this one a shot!

Hope you don't mind me crashing over from Steel Magnolia's blog :)