Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday

Are you between stops on your cyber shopping day? Well, welcome and take a minute to relax and indulge.

My mom sent me this recipe ideas months ago, but as it languished in my "try" pile of recipes, it came to mind yesterday when I needed a quick chocolate fix. SPH called a spade a spade after I sheepishly said, "I need to test it before I posted the recipe." His reply? "I think you needed an excuse to eat chocolate."

The unique thing with this recipe is that it can be made, eaten and cleaned up in less than 10 minutes. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not, but depending on the day, this recipe could come in very handy.

Microwave Individual Chocolate Cake

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons oil
a small splash of vanilla


Add dry ingredients to large microwave safe mug, and mix well. In a separate bowl mix the egg, milk, oil and vanilla, and the pour into the mug and mix well.

Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes for a 1000 watt microwave, 4 1/2 minutes for a 700 watt microwave. Remove from the microwave and turn the mug over on a small plate.

Let cool and eat. While this chocolate cake is far from gourmet, it is really tasty and is even better eaten a la mode.

Serves 1, 2 if you are feeling generous.


So enjoy a small moment of chocolate between shopping and the all-too-common holiday madness.

SPC

3 comments:

Deep in the Heart said...

This recipe made it's way around my office a few months ago - I meant to send it to my sister. Heaven knows when you need chocolate cake pronto this is the way to go. Definitely serves 1 :)

PaigeM said...

I have to try this one....quick, simple and delicious. I can't wait to make it.

Btw, I made your Slow Cooker chicken Mexican soup (the one you made on Halloween) and it was delicious!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Thanks Paige! Good to see you guys this AM.